News From the Shaymus Guinn Foundation
News and other stories written about Shaymus's amazing life.
The Shaymus Guinn Foundation Scrapbook
Links to News Articles
- 2014 - Federal Pediatric Research Bill
- Leatherneck Athletes rally to help Shaymus Guinn battle cancer
- $10,590 raised for Guinn family from The Shaymus Relays
- Shaymus Celebrates 10th Birthday in Macomb
- A Brief, but Beautiful Life
- Warm-Hearted Memories of UW-W’S Biggest Fan
- Art therapy - Boy relies on art to get through fight with cancer
- Train cars colored in shades of hope
- Shaymus Guinn ... Honorary Warhawk Athlete
- FOX6's Krystle Kacner's Interview
Trains for a Cause - Shaymus
Published on March 6, 2012
On January 31st, I contacted 147 people to build one of the largest most creative trains ever made with the intention of making the birthday of an 11 year old boy, named Shaymus, one of the happiest birthdays and moments of his life as he currently battles cancer.
147 people got to be 2,700 people within a couple of weeks. The network of people that I met throughout this journey has started a new campaign to fight against cancer. Hope you guys enjoy this video, as much as I enjoyed riding this first train made for one of the strongest kids I know - Shaymus Guinn!
~ Mariana Sanchez